Dairy-free and gluten-free banana pancakes … A different take on breakfast, tasty dessert, or a little sweet treat for your little ones. Perfect for anyone who is allergic or sensitive to dairy and gluten and so simple to make!
Ingredients for my dairy-free and gluten-free banana pancakes
- 125g Gluten-free flour
- 2 x large eggs
- 2 x large overripe bananas
- Splash of alternative milk ( I prefer Oatly oat drink but this does contain very low levels of gluten so use your preferred alternative milk instead!)
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- A splash of vanilla essence
- Flora free (or your chosen alternative spread) – Enough to grease the pan
- (Strawberries and dairy/gluten-free chocolate spread for filling!)
Method – Dairy free and gluten free banana pancakes
- In a bowl mash the overripe bananas into a smooth puree. (Don’t worry too much about getting all the small lumps out!)
- Add a splash of vanilla extract and half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Add the two eggs to the banana puree. Blend.
- Sieve the gluten-free flour whilst adding to the pureed mixture.
- Combine whilst slowly pouring in the alternative milk to form a ‘gloopy sloppy’ pancake mixture. (If it appears too runny, add a little more flour – Likewise, if it’s too stiff, add a touch more alternative milk.)
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add a knob of dairy-free butter. Allow to melt.
- Pour the pancake mixture into the pan to cook (Pour just enough depending on how big/thick/thin you like them)
- Once cooked on one side, flip to cook the other side.
This recipe makes approximately 5 thin medium-sized pancakes. (Depending on your preference for size and thickness you may get more/less). To make more, add one extra banana for one egg (the add extra flour/milk for consistency). These super-simple pancakes are great with chopped strawberries and my favourite chocolate topping, the Natures Store Gluten and (accidentally dairy-free) chocolate spread!!
To find out which Dairy-free products I use daily, see my blog on my 5 must-have dairy-free food staples! here.)
Have you any awesome dairy-free recipes you’d like to share?
Have you tried these?
I’d love to know what you think!
If you are after other dairy-free recipes, check out these…
Whilst this recipe is dairy and gluten-free, make sure however that you consider the following…
*…If you have severe allergies some of these products may not be suitable due to manufacturing methods. Please be aware that all products are subject to reformulation at any given time. Consequently, it is recommended that you always check the ingredient lists on the packs of all products prior to purchase to determine product content.