Who misses Yorkshire puddings? I know whenever we have a roast dinner at friends houses or at a restaurant I’m never able to have the Yorkshire Puds as they always contain milk. Cue my awesome Hubby who made me some dairy free Yorkshire puddings that are literally ama-zing!!
I got him to write down the recipe so that you guys can also enjoy them to finish off that Sunday roast!!
Thank me later!!
Dairy free Yorkshire pudding recipe – Ingredients
- Olive oil
- 140g plain flour
- 4 large eggs
- 210 ml oat milk
- 12 Cup Muffin Tray
- Pinch of salt
Dairy free Yorkshire pudding recipe – Method
- Preheat oven to top heat (it needs to be hot!)
- Crack the eggs into the flour in a plastic jug.
- Whisk with a hand whisk until smooth. Add pinch of salt.
- Add the milk and fold it in until combined
- Put the tray with just the oil into the oven. You need the oil to be smoking HOT! Be extremely careful at this point!
- Once the oil is hot, remove the tray from the oven closing the door and quickly pour the mixture into the individual parts of the tray.
- Place the tray back in the oven (middle shelf) and then reduce the temperature to 22o degrees.
- Bake the Yorkshire puddings in the oven for approx 22-25 minutes at 220 degrees.
The key to getting a good rise is making sure the oil is hot and ensuring you don’t keep opening the oven door (allowing the heat to escape.) It’s important NOT to 0pen the oven door at all during the baking time. To further avoid this, make sure you bake the dairy free Yorkshire puddings first or in a separate oven if you have two.
Gluten and dairy free yorkshire puddings
For those of you that suffer intolerance from both dairy and gluten, simply substitute oat milk for unsweetened almond milk (do not use soya), and use gluten free flour.
If you liked this recipe, you may also like:
Whilst this recipe is dairy free, make sure however that you consider the following…
*…If you have severe allergies some of these products may not be suitable due to manufacturing methods. Please be aware that all products are subject to reformulation at any given time. Consequently, it is recommended that you always check the ingredient lists on the packs of all products prior to purchase to determine product content.