One of my absolute favourite desserts prior to finding out about my dairy allergy. Working in a restaurant for years during my late teens/early 20’s meant I ‘sampled’ a lot of different varieties but since my diagnosis, it’s been very much ‘off the menu’ for me… Until now!
So, with that I thought I’d have a go at making my own. And, well what a success it was. It was polished off almost before I could grab a picture of it. Even my dairy-loving husband loved it.
Unlike many dairy free cheesecake recipes, this recipe is nut free (one of my sons has a nut allergy) and is also free of egg. You could easily make it gluten free too by switching up the oreos for gluten free biscuits instead.
To make the Dairy free no-bake oreo cheesecake, you will need:
- 2 x packets of Oreo biscuits (approx 300g)
- 75g of dairy free butter (ideally unsalted)
- 340g of dairy free cream cheese (two tubs)
- 100g icing sugar
- drop of vanilla extract
- honeycomb/dairy free chocolate covered raisins to decorate
- Small baking cheesecake tin or silicone mould (like the one I used here)
How to make the dairy free cheesecake base
- Start by separating the biscuits and removing the cream inside using a sharp knife. Do not throw the cream filling away. Set it aside as we will use this later.
- Blitz the chocolate oreo biscuits in a blender (or beat them) until they’re a fine crumb consistency.
- Melt the dairy free butter in a pan and add the biscuits crumbs to the pan and mix until combined.
- Press the mixture into the cake tin or silicone mould firmly.
- Place in the fridge to start the setting/cooling process.
How to make the Dairy free no-bake oreo cheesecake filling
- Add the cream slices that you set aside earlier from the oreo filling, to your mixing bowl.
- Next pour in the dairy free cream cheese.
- Drop a couple of drops of vanilla extract into the mixture as you combine using your mixer.
- Once it is slightly softened and mixed together, slowly add the icing sugar.
- Keep mixing until all is combined and looking really creamy.
- Spoon the mixture on to the biscuit base.
- Sprinkle the honeycomb and dairy free chocolate raisins on top to decorate. (If you have some spare oreos, you can add those on top to too!)
- Leave to set in the fridge for several hours (ideally overnight). This topping can take a while to set so please make sure you factor this in.
And there you have it, one dairy free, egg free and nut free no-bake oreo cheesecake with honeycomb and df chocolate raisin topping.
Disclaimer: Please ensure you check the ingredients of all produce that you use prior to consuming/making this recipe to ensure no allergens are found. Everyone’s allergies are different so its better to be safe than sorry.