We all love cake, right? But if you are dairy and gluten free often it can be hard to find cake that’s safe to eat. This recipe is simple, easy and really tasty AND it contains some of your kiddies daily fruit intake (With only a small amount of sugar – from the chocolate chips)
- 4 ripe bananas (3 for the cake and one to decorate)
- 80g coconut oil melted
- 2 medium eggs
- 250g gluten free self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp of Bi carb
- 3 tbsp alternative milk ( I use Oatly oat milk)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Dairy free choc chips
- 4 x tbsp Maple syrup
- Melted dairy free chocolate for drizzling.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan. Gas mark 4)
- Blend the bananas and melted coconut oil together with a food processor or blender. (If you don’t have one, mash the bananas with a fork before adding to the coconut oil)
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Grease a loaf or cake tin with dairy free spread (I use Flora free)
- Add the mixture to the tin and then add the remaining sliced banana to the top of the cake mixture to decorate.
- Bake in the oven for approx 30-40 minutes. (Time will depend on tin used and how deep it is) Check it is fully baked by placing a fork or skewer in. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- To add a little extra deliciousness, drizzle melted dairy free chocolate over the cake to finish!!
- Ta-Dah!!! One delicious dairy free banana and choc cake!!
I’d love to see photos of the recipes that you make.
Feel free to tag me on Instagram @nonscentsatno10
If you are after a quick dairy free cake mix, check out this blog where I share the ready mix cake mix that I always use for my boys dairy free cakes – Top Treats that are accidentally dairy free
If you liked this recipe, you may also like:
Whilst this recipe is dairy and gluten free, make sure however that you consider the following…
*…If you have severe allergies some of these products may not be suitable due to manufacturing methods. Please be aware that all products are subject to reformulation at any given time. Consequently, it is recommended that you always check the ingredient lists on the packs of all products prior to purchase to determine product content.